I bring my background in poetry writing to instruction and librarianship, creative energy that allows me to design engaging, informed, and user-friendly curriculum. I believe in working with students’ innate curiosity and use backward design, universal design for learning (UDL), the philosophy of critical librarianship, and the ACRL Framework for Information Literacy to make lesson plans to meet all students where they learn. I deeply love my job.
- James E. Ward Instruction Award – Tennessee Library Association, 2018
- NEDtalks: Lightning Talks in the Library/ with Brannen Varner
- Making It Work Online: Collaborating to Create an Online Information Literacy Portal / with Brannen Varner
- Use Your Words: Thing-Explaining Library Lingo / with Brannen Varner
- The Collective, 2018
- Looking for the Picture in the Frame: The ACRL Framework in Practical Library Instruction / with Sylvia Page and Becca Decker
- Library Instruction Tennessee (LIT)
- Steering Committee member
- Book Reviews editor for Tennessee Libraries
See my LinkedIn profile here.